Tax Services for Real Estate Investors
Over half of our clients are full time real estate investors, residential
and commercial landlords, developers, general contractors, flippers, and
We specialize in areas such as:
- Passive Activity Loss Rules.
- "Real Estate Professional" status for tax purposes under Code Section 469.
- "Dealer" status.
- 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges.
- Entity setup for tax purposes for holding property.
- Estate planning for real estate investors.
- All tax issues relating to rentals.
- IRS audits of real estate investors.
- Capitalization vs. Expensing Rules under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Captial Gain treatment for property sales.
Nine years ago I hired Swaim & Associates to do the tax returns for 6 corporations and partnerships as well as my personal returns. The amount of money going to the government dropped by more than 29%. I was amazed when they showed me how much could be saved by using deductions we had never thought of…deductions that we missed out on for years because of “conservative” accountants.
C.W. Merritt, III, Greenville, NC